Sunday, April 20, 2008

From dinner to breakfast....



I love Swiss chard. It's just a delicious green to cook with. Rick Bayless has a recipe for tacos in his Mexican Everyday book that uses chard. This is one of my favorite tacos to make. It's quick, easy and fairly healthful. If you happen to have his book, it's on page 205. The Swiss Chard Tacos with Caramelized Onion, Fresh Cheese and Red Chile. Sometimes I add mushrooms to the greens. I topped these with feta cheese and a taquera salsa. If you don't have this book, I highly recommend it. It has many quick, deliciouse recipes for Mexican fare.

After I made the filling, I put the leftover cooked greens in the fridge to use for breakfast the next day. I found this recipe on the blog Eggs on Sunday and it just looked so delicious, I had to try it. I reheated the chard and used some pancetta for this recipe. So good. Try it one morning...